Have you seen a building being constructed? Did you notice a network of tubes around it? Do you know what that was? It is a scaffold. Let’s have a look into what scaffold and Scaffolding Stevenage are.
The scaffold is a temporary built structure made to aid the construction, renovation services. Being a network of bars, it could bear weight and so used for making platforms, stages which could bear heavy loads.
It’s the design and materials used in scaffolding that could bear heavy loads easily.
Various designs of scaffolds are in the market, each made to satisfy different needs-
- Trestle scaffolding – In accordance with the name, this type of scaffolding has boards mounted on movable tripod-type This helps to move the scaffolding to different locations. As the height of the trestle, type is only up to 5 m so it is used for indoor activities like painting or interior repairs.
- Steel scaffolding – This type of scaffolding uses steel tubes which can be assembled using couplers when in need and also can be disintegrated when not being used or the work has finished. Steel costs more than bamboo but it is widely used due to its extensive benefit. Steel structure provides greater stability, strength, and rigidity, and also fire resistance. It is mostly used for outdoor structures and bigger buildings. However, it does not provides electrical insulation to make one safe from live wires if any at the site.
- Patented scaffolding – This type of scaffolding is also made up of steel tubes and special couplers and frames fitted but the only difference is that it is readymade and lacks the feature of assembling and disassembling as in steel scaffolding. They are available in the market ready to use when bought however they can have adjustable brackets that fit according to the structure.
- Suspended scaffolding – this type of scaffolding is hung from the top of the building using rope or chains and a platform is attached at the end. It has a feature to adjust according to height and can be changed multiple times. This eases the work on the upper part of the building.
- Cantilever scaffolding – This type of scaffolding is also known as single frame scaffolding. In this type of standards, i.e. the main beams are supported by needles embedded in walls. Needles can also be attached in-ground. This type is generally used on sites where the ground is unable to support the system like that of sandy ground. But this type comes up with various problems, one needs to check this framework multiple times before working on it.
- Single and double scaffolding – These are one of the oldest and simplest methods of scaffolding. It is majorly used for brick masonry. It includes standards, putlogs, and ledgers, liking it to the wall at a fixed distance of approximately 1 or 1.2 meters as per the type. Such certain distances between ledgers are fixed to provide maximum support and to fi the desired structure.
- Kwikstage scaffolding – This type is the easiest and most convenient to use due to its property of east assembling and disintegrating. It is used for both big and small structures. Also, it is very strong and provided a durable interlocking between different elements ensuring safety.
We can conclude that our infrastructure history would be incomplete without the use of Scaffolding.